1. Forest Hills. I don’t know these people but I feel like I do.
2. Forget Roy Kroc and Colonel Sanders. When it comes to fast food genius, Glen “Taco” Bell was the man. He actually invented the hard shell taco, and is one of my heroes. He died on Sunday.
3. Former Fug and Lower East Side latter day beatnik Tuli Kupferburg, meanwhile, has run into hard times and will be touted at a benefit this Friday night at St. Ann’s in Brooklyn.
5. Steve Martin is writing again — yay.
5. Mark Thwaite’s heartfelt take on Shakespeare’s Hamlet at ReadySteadyBook. I have at times in my life felt similarly intensely about this play.
7. Project Gutenberg turns forty.
8. The saga of Paige Williams and Dolly Freed.