Yeah, the server crashed and we were down for two days. I don’t want to talk about it.
Here are some links I’ve been saving up …
1. How would Joseph Heller, author of Catch-22, vote today? His daughter Erica Heller tells us her guess, charmingly.
2. Sean Quinn of FiveThirtyEight.com sneaks in a neat On The Road reference.
4. Dancing, dancing with Mr. K.
5. Keyboardist Merl Saunders, who distinguished himself as a member of the Jerry Garcia Band, has died.
6. Speaking of keyboardists, did you think the recent death of Pink Floyd’s sublime Rick Wright got lost in the shuffle? Here’s a well-deserved appreciation by Sean Murphy.
7. Eminem has written a book.
8. They didn’t win the World Series, but Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Fernando Perez can enjoy the best consolation: literature.
10. Don’t forget, November 4 is Cooping Day!