2. Sarah Weinman unearths another writer in the Singer family, Hinde Esther Singer.
7. It’s an old formula, this “post some ridiculous emails you’ve received about your blog” blog post. And yet, it’s still fun.
8. Michael Jackson read books. Good for him.
9. I’m glad that Bill Ayers has the courage to publish a book, a graphic memoir. Maybe it’ll come out on the same day as Dick Cheney’s.
10. Once upon a time, Literary Kicks was a website devoted to the Beat Generation. I know some of my early readers wish I had stuck with and perfected that formula, and if I had, maybe Peter Hale’s The Allen Ginsberg Project is what this site would have been like. Hale, who works closely with the Allen Ginsberg estate, has been putting high quality stuff up — rare Kerouac videos, beautiful images, surprising texts, with a wide range of coverage and a friendly touch — week after week. If you’re into modern-era experimental/alternative literature, you might want to follow this site.