1. The classic science-fiction author Ray Bradbury has died. I never really kept up with his work, but when I was a kid I thought Illustrated Man had the coolest book cover in the universe. “The Veldt” was my favorite story from that collection. Here’s more on Ray from Boing Boing, io9, Neil Gaiman and Ed Champion.
And while I’ve gotcha here:
2. Beautiful visualizations can occur when great authors pick up the brush.
3. Perceptive words (in video format) by Bill Ectric on the work of Iranian author Ali Mirdrekvandi.
5. Andrew Zawacki on the meaning of graffiti in Paris.
6. Patti Smith and Neil Young compare notes (get it?) on memoir writing at BookExpo in New York City.
7. Electric Literature presents: North Of, a short story by Marie-Helene Bertino about bringing Bob Dylan home for family dinner.