2. What classic work of literature are you embarrassed to have never read? These writers admit their shame, so I think you should too. That is, if you’re one to be ashamed for not having read certain books.
3. Blokes bribed with beer to read books. To fool them into thinking that reading is manly instead of girly and lame! Hahah! Tricked you! Ahem.
4. You know that Twilight series of books about vampires? And a teenager who has an affair with a vampire? Or something? I don’t really either, except I know they exist, and I read a profile of the author a couple of months ago in Time. Well, the final book in the series is to be released at midnight Friday. (Though isn’t that actually Saturday, Philly Inquirer?) The film is coming in December.
5. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen: The Coffee Table Book. Due to be on shelves on October 28, it’s just in time for Halloween! I figured I should let you know.
6. Comics in the classroom. Really.
7. Sports and literature: they go together like The Captain and Tennille.
8. Do you like thinking about the canon, especially in when it comes to (relatively) new work that should belong there? Sure you do. I mean, who doesn’t? Well, there’s a piece on Blogcritics about the importance of Toni Morrison’s Beloved.
9. And finally, who doesn’t love uplifting stories of schools in need getting books? Heartless people, that’s who. Don’t be heartless.