1. One in ten Brits cheat on classic novels because they just watch the movies instead.
2. In similar news (if it counts as news), there’s this article, which is good for a laugh. You know what I’d really like to see? Danielle Steel’s Moby-Dick.
3. Blast from the past: the Goosebumps series is coming back.
4. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then It’s Complicated could be a novel about adolescence.
5. Did Coleridge translate Goethe? Or didn’t he? Instead of a war of words, I think they should settle this issue in a truly civilized way: cage match.
7. Poets & Writers, redesigned and relaunched.
9. This isn’t news at all (at all) but earlier today I had a conversation about internet overload (you know, when there are too many blogs and other sites to keep up with, except RSS makes you think you can keep up with it all, until you open Bloglines one morning and it tells you you have over 5,000 new posts to read and your head explodes) and I said “There are too many blogs. Which for some reason reminds me of the poem by Dr. Seuss called ‘Too Many Daves.'” So then I tried to find it, and I did. Okay, it’s not Prufrock or anything, but whatever. I remember thinking it was very amusing back when I was 7. And I think I’m naming my firstborn Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate. So there. Thanks, Dr. Seuss!