2. The culture wars: comic style.
3. Laura and Jenna Bush held a discussion of the children’s book they collaborated on, Read All About It!
4. I remember being thoroughly engrossed with and creeped out by Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca when I read it in high school, then having the same reaction to Hitchcock’s film version when I saw it a few years later, so the story behind how du Maurier wrote the book is an interesting one.
5. New York whittles down the Observer‘s Brooklyn Literary 100 to 1. (Well, also 50, 25, 10 and 5.)
6. We Are Ready is a campaign by international authors to have China release imprisoned authors, and will present the Chinese government with a petition on May 1.
7. Tell me what you want, what you really really want: Chick Lit!
8. The headline: Young writers embrace the thought process. What a relief that old authors aren’t the only ones who think.