Links. Just links.
1. The Washington Post’s Sunday literary supplement Book World is indeed being discontinued. I’ll have something to say about this in my weekend write-up of the New York Times Book Review, aka “Last One Standing”.
2. Dostoevskaya Station (not in St. Petersburg but in Moscow).
3. Can you read with music? When I was a kid, I always read with music on. Now I prefer not to.
4. A surprisingly good map of heavy metal band names.
6. Stanley Kubrick wanted to make a Holocaust film.
7. Archie Andrews of Riverdale. You know who I’m talking about.
8. Mad Magazine is going quarterly. Hmm.
9. I’m going to be participating in a Israel/Gaza peace/aid event at McNally Jackson bookstore in New York City on Saturday, February 7. More on this soon …
11. Richard Brautigan’s great short novel In Watermelon Sugar is now a dance.
13. The mysterious etymology of Oh Snap.
14. The last is definitely not the least: Kurt Vonnegut Motivational Posters.