1. I'm proud to see my piece on "How To Avoid Author Scandals"
running today at the Guardian's Books Blog.
2. If you want more of me, I can be found at NewCritics.com answering the question "what has inspired you in the past year?" Naturally, my answer involves gangsta rap
3. Frank Wilson's tenure as Books editor at the Philadelphia Inquirer is coming to an end
. I'm sure many newspaper readers will recall many different highlights of his career. For me, I mainly appreciate his willingness to give a few bloggers like me
their first delicious shot of black ink.
4. Words Without Borders is running its second graphic fiction
5. This is just great
. Apparently the Boston Globe really wanted to have their book about the New England Patriots' perfect season out on Amazon.com the moment the Gatorade spilled over Bill Belichick's head. And then the Patriots lost. Ahh, these moments just feel so good.
For the record, I am not a New York Giants fan (Jets, people, Jets!). But I have to admit that was one beautiful, amazing Super Bowl victory, and Eli Manning is now my favorite QB.
6. I pulled this lever about an hour ago:
I'm fond of both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, so this wasn't an easy choice. I decided to vote for the candidate with a better chance at breaking through partisan barriers and uniting our divided nation behind shared ideals. Yeah, well, they can't stop me from hoping.